I have a question.  Say I want to use AVRO as my serialization format to speak
between service applications. Do I need to use AVRO RPC for this or can I just
exchange AVRO messages over HTTP?

Also whats the difference between an IPC client and an HTTP IPC client?
https://github.com/apache/avro/tree/trunk/lang/ruby/test

Thanks