Hi Harsh,

Thank you for your response which was invaluable in helping me to figure
out my issue.  The Java-Doc is in fact incorrect when it states that
AvroJob.setOutputSchema cannot accept non-Pair configs as it turns out it
can.  What was throwing me off is that if you use AvroJob.setOutputSchema
to set a non-Pair config, then you also need to call
AvroJob.setMapOutputSchema (which does require the use of Pair).
 Otherwise, by default, the map output schema gets set to whatever you set
in setOutputSchema and if that is non-pair you'll get an error at runtime.

Maybe the JavaDoc should say something along the lines of:

Configure a job's output schema. If this is a not a Pair-schema then you
> must explicitly set the job's map output schema using *setMapOutputSchema*

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ed