Thanks for all the help! I will try both ways and let you all know what worked
best.

From: Sean Busbey [mailto:bus...@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 3:41 AM
To: user@avro apache. org
Subject: Re: COnverting CSV files to avro and back to text

You could consider using the KiteSDK[1]. It uses Avro schemas to describe
datasets, can infer an avro schema from CSV headers, and includes tools for
importing from CSV to Avro for storage. There's a tool demo that can walk you
through getting things into avro and displaying a plain text version[2].

The current MapReduce support is a first pass, but is enough to start playing
on[3]. Unfortunately, I don't think it has a demo walkthrough yet. The next
release is supposed to be more user friendly.

[1]: http://kitesdk.org/docs/current/kite-data/guide.html
[2]: http://kitesdk.org/docs/current/usingkiteclicreatedataset.html
[3]:
http://kitesdk.org/docs/current/apidocs/org/kitesdk/data/mapreduce/DatasetKeyInputFormat.html

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Bhuvana Bellala