Hello,
I am currently in my second year of college. I am pursuing B.tech in ICT at
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication
Technology,Gujarat,India. I am interested in participating in GSOC,2016 by
contributing to your organisation. I am interested in  BigData .However I
am new to the open source world. Moreover I know only Java and just a
little bit of Python(only the basic syntax). Can you please guide me as to
how should I start. Also i liked the Hadoop project in Apache but can you
tell as to which other projects should i choose.