Hi Aditya!

Glad to hear you're interested in getting started in open source generally
and the ASF specifically.

To get more info about how the foundation participates in GSoC, you should
check out the Community Development project:

http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

Community Development also has some good introductory material on the ASF
generally:

http://community.apache.org

If you run into any stumbling blocks, I'd recommend joining the Community
Development mailing list, since they'll be in the best position to help:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/

--
Sean