Hey All,

I have an avro scheme that defines two fields with very close names such as:
·         field_random_name
·         fieldrandom_name

Now from a  schema perspective these are unique names, but when the Java
classes are generated I have issues because the underscores are removed and the
fields end up the same and ultimately cause the create of duplicate methods
with the same signature.

Is there a solution to this so the java class methods retain the underscores? I
realize your first response might be, naming fields like that is crazy, just
change the field names…. Unfortunately, these are client defined schemas and
messages and so changing them is not so straight forward, I wanted to explore
other options before saying that’s the only way to reasonably manage this.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,
Alex

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to
Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of
work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is
intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.