{"type": "int"}, {"type": "string"} is not valid json, so you definitely
can't do that. But

[{"type": "int"}, {"type": "string"}] is a valid schema -- it can encode a
single value that is either an int or a string. At the highest level, your
schema can only be one type, but that type may be (and in fact probably
will be) a complex type -- a union of records or a single record.

Does that answer your question?

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 5:08 PM Motoko Kusanagi <
major-motoko-kusan...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I read the specification multiple times. In the specification, it says "A
> Schema is represented in JSON <http://www.json.org/> by one of:" in the
> Schema Declaration section. The "one" confuses me as I am interpreting it
> as exactly one of the 3 that it listed.
>

> In short, can I do this as a single schema?
>
> {type : int},
>
> {type : string},
>
> {type : int},
>

> Or do the following as a single schema?
>
> {type : int},
>
> {type : record ....},
>
> {type : record ....}, // Not the same as the previous.
>
> {type : string},
>

> Or do I have to "embed" the above under a complex type like a record if I
> want complex schema? Or does "one of" mean I have to choose one and exactly
> one for the high top-most level of the schema?
>

> Thanks!!
>

> --

Michael A. Smith — Senior Systems Engineer

micha...@syapse.com
syapse.com
<http://www.syapse.com/>100 Matsonford Road
<https://maps.google.com/?q=100+Matsonford+Rd&entry=gmail&source=g>