FYI, I opened a PR with a compatibility table for the Flink Runner page: https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/553

On 17.09.18 09:31, Robert Bradshaw wrote:
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 2:02 AM Austin Bennett <whatwouldausti...@gmail.com <mailto:whatwouldausti...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Do we currently maintain a finer grained list of compatibility
    between execution/runner versions and beam versions?  Is this only
    really a concern with recent Flink (sounded like at least Spark
    jump, too)?  I see the capability matrix:
    https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runners/capability-matrix/,
    but some sort of compatibility between runner versions with beam
    releases might be useful.

    I see compatibility matrix as far as beam features, but not for
    underlying runners.  Ex: something like this would save a user
    trying to get Beam working on recent Flink 1.6 and then subsequently
hitting a (potentially not well documented) wall given known issues.

+1. I was bitten by this as well.

I don't know if it's worth having a compatibility matrix for each version (as the overlap is likely to be all or nothing in most cases), but it should be prominently displayed here and elsewhere. Want to send out a PR?