Hi Gyorgy,

I guess Your problem might not be directly related to UDFs not UDAFs but to nested structure of Your data. I did have a problem with processing nested data and also did not find a way to work this out - especially if You are not in control of input data structure.

This issues seem very related as nested Rows need some polishing:

- https://github.com/apache/beam/issues/26911

- https://github.com/apache/beam/issues/27733

I have plans to jump on fix for this two, and I guess it would not be hard, but I do not have any capacity for open source tasks for now. Anyone would like to take a look at them?

Best

Wiśniowski Piotr