Well, it's been a few days on 0.6.2 and the new jvm and the behaviour looks
to be about the same:

http://skitch.com/jamesgolick/df46f/munin-fetlife.com-cassandra0.fetlife.com-cassandra-memory

There's only one cache turned on, and it's a row cache, but the sizes of the
rows are identical and it's been full since an hour after I rebooted the
nodes, so it's not that.