        From: David Boxenhorn [mailto:da...@lookin2.com]
        Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:30 PM
        To: user@cassandra.apache.org
        Subject: Re: Range search on keys not working?

        In other words, I should check the values as I iterate, and stop
iterating when I get out of range?

        I'll try that!

        On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Dr. Martin Grabmüller
<martin.grabmuel...@eleven.de> wrote:

                When not using OOP, you should not use something like
'CATEGORY/' as the end key.
                Use the empty string as the end key and limit the number of
returned keys, as you did with
                the 'max' value.

                If I understand correctly, the end key is used to generate an
end token by hashing it, and
                there is not the same correspondence between 'CATEGORY' and
'CATEGORY/' as for
                hash('CATEGORY') and hash('CATEGORY/').

                At least, this was the explanation I gave myself when I had the
same problem.

                The solution is to iterate through the keys by always using the
last key returned as the
                start key for the next call to get_range_slices, and the to
drop the first element from
                the result.

                HTH,
                  Martin