Martin,

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Dr. Martin Grabmüller
<martin.grabmuel...@eleven.de> wrote:
> I think you can specify an end key, but it should be a key which does exist
> in your column family.

Logically, it doesn't make sense to ever specify an end key with
random partitioner. If you specified a start key of "aaa" and and end
key of "aac" you might get back as results "aaa", "zfc", "hik", etc.
And, even if you have a key of "aab" it might not show up. Key ranges
only make sense with order-preserving partitioner. The only time to
ever use a key range with random partitioner is when you want to
iterate over all keys in the CF.

Ben