Hey thanks Aaron. It finally worked. The API reference looked a bit
confusing to me.

I used (as you suggested):
                    ColumnParent parent = new ColumnParent(
<ColumnFamily name>);
                    SlicePredicate sp = new SlicePredicate();
                    sp.setColumn_names( <list of super column names>);

after calling get_slice() ....as result, i got the super columns I
passed in the list with ALLl their columns in one call.

so now, just IF I WANTED TO, would it be possible to get just a subset
of columns contained in those supercolumns instead of all of them
assuming that the amount of columns are lot and for performance issues
i want to avoid moving a lot of data over the network?

--
Patricio.-