>From a testing whether cassandra can take the load long term I do not see it
as different. Yes bulk loading can be made faster using very different
methods, but my purpose is to test cassandra with a large volume of writes
(and not to bulk load as efficiently as possible). I have scaled back to 5
writer threads per node and still see 8k writes/sec/node. With the larger
memory table settings we shall see how it goes. I have no idea how to change
a JMX setting and prefer to use std options to be frank. For us this is
after all an evaluation of whether Cassandra can replace Mysql.

I thank everyone for their help.