Its actually split to 8 different processes that are doing the insertion.

Thanks

On 9/27/2010 2:03 PM, Peter Schuller wrote:
[note: i put user@ back on CC but I'm not quoting the source code]

Here is the code I am using (this is only for testing Cassandra it is not
going the be used in production) I am new to Java, but I tested this and it
seems to work fine when running for short amount of time:
If you mean to ask about how to distributed writes - the general
recommendation is to use a high-level Cassandra client (such as Hector
at http://github.com/rantav/hector or Pelops at
http://github.com/s7/scale7-pelops) rather than using the Thrift API
directly. This is probably especially a good idea if you're new to
Java as you say.

But in any case, if you're having performance issues w.r.t. the write
speed - are you in fact doing writes concurrently or is it a single
sequential client doing the insertions? If you are maxing out without
being disk bound, make sure that in addition to spreading writes
across all nodes in the cluster, you are submitting writes with
sufficient concurrency to allow Cassandra to scale to use available
CPU across all cores.

--
Alaa Zubaidi
PDF Solutions, Inc.