On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 13:07 -0700, Chris Oei wrote:
> Also, once 0.7 is officially released, will 0.6 still be maintained
> (sort of like Ubuntu's long-term releases), or will all 0.6
> development stop?

Speaking with my Release Manager hat on, I would be willing to commit to
producing some additional 0.6 releases after 0.7, providing there were
release-worthy changes merged to that branch.

"Release-worthy changes" is really the key though because you need
people willing to back-port important fixes, people to merge them, and
enough testing and feedback to avoid nasty regressions, (and of course
you need consensus from the rest of the project that long(ish)-term
support doesn't interfere with the project's goals).

So far there hasn't been sufficient interest to pursue this, and old
stable releases have become dead-branches as soon as a new stable
release is made.

--
Eric Evans
eev...@rackspace.com