On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 13:07 -0700, Chris Oei wrote:
>> Also, once 0.7 is officially released, will 0.6 still be maintained
>> (sort of like Ubuntu's long-term releases), or will all 0.6
>> development stop?
>
> So far there hasn't been sufficient interest to pursue this, and old
> stable releases have become dead-branches as soon as a new stable
> release is made.

Speaking with my Riptano hat on, not all our customers are going to
move to 0.7 immediately and we plan to continue to provide support for
0.6.  I suspect this will result in enough activity to justify a 0.6.7
release with some additional improvements of the sort you've seen in
0.6.5 and 0.6.6, but after that you're probably looking at bug fix
releases only, should the need arise.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra