I am not clear what you guys are trying to do and say :-)

So, let's take some specifics...

Say you want to create rows in some column family (say CF_A), and as you
create them, you want to store their row key in column names in some other
column family (say CF_B) - possibly for filtering keys based on time later,
etc, etc...

Now your rows in CF_A may be keyed on a TimeUUID and if you store these keys
as column names in CF_B that has comparator as TimeUUID, then you get your
column names time sorted automatically.

Now CF_A may be split across nodes - is that of any concern to you?

Are you expecting any storage relationship between column names of CF_B and
rows of CF_A?

rgds,
Roshan

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Aklin_81 <asdk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I too believed so!  but not totally sure.
>
> On 1/14/11, Rajkumar Gupta <rajkumar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am not sure but I guess because all the rows of certain time range will
> go
> > to just one node & will not be evenly distributed because the timeUUID
> will
> > not be random but sequential according to time... I am not sure
> anyways...

                                                   <#>
<#>