In earlier post same thread you mentioned that replication factor should be
set to less than N.

Currently I am testing on 2 node cluster and I was able to set
replication_factor to 2 (=N) and also when I did cfstats (I don't quite
understand cfstats in detail) and see some activity on both nodes now.

[default@twissandra] update keyspace twissandra with replication_factor=2;
3ed6b708-389b-11e0-993f-b7fa7ed61af9
[default@twissandra] set users['b']['add']='111';
Value inserted.

On the other node when I ran nodetool with -h as localhost, I see:

                Column Family: users
                SSTable count: 0
                Space used (live): 0
                Space used (total): 0