If you login to one of the nodes, can you telnet to port 7000 on the other
node?

If not, then almost certainly it's a firewall/Security Group issue.

You can find out the security groups for any node by logging in, and then
running:

% curl "http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/security-groups";

Assuming that both nodes are in the same security group, ensure that the SG
is configured to allow other members of the SG to communicate on port 7000
to each other.

HTH,
Dave Viner