First of all, in your example W=CL?

If it so, then the success of any read / write operarion will be
determine by if the CL required can be satisfied in that moment.

If you write with CL ONE over a CF with RF 3 when 1 node of the
replicas is down, then the operarion will success and HitedHandOff
will manage to propagate the op through the falling node when it comes
up.

Instead, when you execute the same OP using CL QUORUM, then it means
RF /2+1, it will try to write on the coordinator node and replica.
Considering only 1 replica is down, the OP will success too.

Now consider same OP but with CL ALL, it will fail since it cant
assure that coordinador and both replicas are updated.

Hope you can understand the relation between CL and RF

Enviado desde mi iPhone