NTS is overkill in the sense that it doesn't really benefit you in a
single DC, but if you think you may expand to another DC in the future
it's much simpler if you were already using NTS, than first migrating
to NTS (changing strategy is painful).

I can't think of any downsides to using NTS in a single-DC
environment, so that's the "safe" option.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra