On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM, aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
>> Jonathan,
>>        I think you are saying each DC should have it's own (logical) token
>> ring.
>
> Right. (Only with NTS, although you'd usually end up with a similar
> effect if you alternate DC locations for nodes in a ONTS cluster.)
>
>>        But currently two endpoints cannot have the same token regardless of
>> the DC they are in.
>
> Also right.
>
>> Or should people just bump the tokens in extra DC's to avoid the collision?
>
> Yes.

I am sorry, but I do not understand fully.  I would appreciate it if
some one could explain with more verbosity for me.

I do not understand why data insertion is even, but replication is not.

I do not understand how to solve the problem.  What does "bumping"
tokens entail - Is that going to change my insertion distribution?  I
had no idea you can create different logical keyspaces ... and I am
not sure what that exactly means... or that I even want to do it.  Is
there a clear solution to "fixing" the problem I laid out, and getting
replication data evenly distributed between racks in each DC?

Sorry again for needing more verbosity - I am learning as I go with
this stuff.  I appreciate everyones help.

-Eric