Thanks Jaydeep.

On first insertion, I inserted data using Thrift API programmatically. So, I
could specify the timestamp which is the current system time. However, for
deleting the columns I used command line client that comes with Cassandra. I
have no way to specify delete timestamp in command line client. so I dont
know whats exactly delete timestamp.

Unless, I know whats delete stimestamp, I have no way to compare timestamps?

Thanks,
Anuya