I think the OP was asking if you can use the same Cassandra cluster
that Solandra
is integrated with to store non-Solandra in a different keyspace. This would
remove the need to run two Cassandra clusters, one for storing his Solandra
index, and another for his other data.

I'm not sure if Solandra supports this, but I would start by checking to see
if the Cassandra thrift daemon is binding when running the Solandra server.
If the thrift daemon for cassandra is available , then there is a good
chance (albeit, I'm not sure how you would configure it) that it would be
possible, so long as you didn't mess with the Solandra keyspace.

cheers,
-kirk

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Norman Maurer <norman.mau...@googlemail.com

--