But I want values in my columns... Imagine a cf with authors as keys. Each
author has written several books. So each row has columns with the title as
column names and the text of the book as value (ie a lot of data). If a user
wants to know the different books for an author, I'd like to be able to have
the column names without the values, then a user can pick a book name. In
this case I can retrieve the value from this column (and only for this one).
Of course, I could have an additionnal column which will manage the column
names (=titles), but it's not very efficient and could be source of
errors...
If you have a method to retrieve the number of columns of a row (without
their values),  I can't see why you couldn't retrieve the column names
(without their values). It's perharps harder than I think... But it would be
rather useful !

Thanks !