> If you have a method to retrieve the number of columns of a row (without
> their values),  I can't see why you couldn't retrieve the column names
> (without their values). It's perharps harder than I think... But it would be
> rather useful !

Internally this just gets the full columns and counts them.

The main reason I was dismissive was the complication it brings when dealing
with a Column. If a Column has no value would it be because there is no value
associated with it or because only the column name was requested? For now when
you have a Column you have all the information about the column.

There may also be some modelling arguments to be made.

it's not been a show stopper for people in the past, but that does not mean
it's a bad idea.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer