I think it would be really cool to be able to rename a column, or, more generally, a move command to move data from one column to another in the same CF without the client having to read and resend the column value. This would be *extremely* powerful, imo. I suspect the execution would be quick and could even be made atomic (per node) as I suspect it would mostly entail only reference updates. Has anything like this been discussed before? Seems like such a natural operation for a hash-table-like data store.

aj