Hi there,
        The dev's have been very busy and Cassandra 1.0 is just around the
corner and full of new features. To celebrate I'm trying to give the wiki some
loving to make things a little more welcoming for new users.

        To keep things manageable I'd like to focus on completeness and
correctness for now, and worry about being super awesome later. For example the
nodetool page is incomplete http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/NodeTool , we do
not have anything about CQL and config page is from 0.7
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/StorageConfiguration

        As a starting point I've created a draft home page
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FrontPage_draft_aaron/ . I also hope to use
this as a planning tool where we can mark off what's in progress or has been
completed.

        The guidelines I think we should follow are:
        * ensure coverage of 1.0, a best effort for 0.8 and leave any content
from previous versions.
        * where appropriate include examples from CQL and RPC as both are still
supported.

        If you would like to contribute to this effort please let me know via
the email list. It's a great way to contribute to the project and learn how
Cassandra works, and I'll do my best to help with any questions you may have.
Or if you have something you've already written that you feel may be of use let
me know, and we'll see about linking to it.

Thanks.
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton