Okay so as most know this practice is called a wide row - we use them quite a
lot. However, as your schema shows it will cache (while being active) all the
row in memory.  One way we got around this issue was to basically create some
materialized views of any more common data so we can easily get to the minimum
amount of information required without blowing too much memory with the larger
representations.

My perspective is that indexing some of the higher levels of data would be the
way to go - Solr or elastic search for distributed or if you know you only need
it local just use a caching solution like ehcache.

Anthony