I would suggest you to create a CF with a single row (or multiple for
historical data) with a date as key (utf8, e.g. 2011-12-22) and multiple
columns for every user's score. The column (utf8) would then be the score +
something unique of the user (e.g. hex representation of the TimeUUID). The
value would be the TimeUUID of the user.

By default columns will be sorted and you can perform a slice to get the
top 10.