Ok guys, thank you for the valuable hints you gave me.
For sure, things will perform much better on a real hardware. But my object
maybe isn't really to see what't the max throughput that the datastores
have. It is more or less like, given an equal condition, which one would
perform better.
But I'll do this way, I'm going to use a high-end machine (6GB RAM, 4
cores) and run Cassandra, MySQL and the Client Test Application on the same
machine. Unfortunately, I'll have to use Windows 7 as a host to the
datastores.
>From your experience, do you think that even in single node, can Cassandra
beat in inserts a RDBMS? I've seen that InnoDB (something that compares to
the other databases relational engine) is pretty slow. But when it comes to
MyISAM, things are much faster.

/Gustavo