Try upgrading to the newest JVM first. Can you also say what version you were
using ?

If you still get the problem create a ticket on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA with the steps to reproduce.

Please include the OS version, RAM size, JVM information,
commit_log_segment_size from the yaml.

Thanks

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer