> 1 - I got this kind of message quite often (let's say every 30 seconds) :
You are running out of memory. Depending on the size of your schema and the
work load you will want to start with 4 or 8 GB machines. But most people get
the best results with 16Gb.

On AWS the common setup is to use m1.xlarge.

 2 - I shared 2 screenshot the cluster performance (via OpsCenter) and

> the hardware metrics (via AWS).

The other system resources and throughput will be affected if cassandra does
not have enough memory to work with.

There are some changes you can make to mitigate things (let me know if you need
help), but this is essentially a memory problem.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton