Also, all CF's in the same KS share one commit log. So all writes for the row
row key, across all CF's, are committed at the same time.

Some other settings, such as caches in 1.1, are machine wide.

If you have a small KS for something like app config, I'd say go with whatever
feels right. If you are talking about two full "application" KS's I would think
about their prospective workloads and growth patterns. Will you always want to
manage the two together ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer