The problem is that the system just freezes and nodes are dying. The system
becomes very unresponsive and it always happens when the shareable amount
of RAM reaches the total number of bytes in the system.

Is there something in Windows that I can tune in order to avoid this
behavior? I cannot easily migrate to Linux right now.

Thanks,

Rene