Hello,

     I am new to Cassandra and I am in doubt if Cassandra is the right
technology to use in the architecture I am defining. Also, I saw a
presentation which said that if I don't have rows with more than a hundred
rows in Cassandra, whether I am doing something wrong or I shouldn't be
using Cassandra. Therefore, it might be the case I am doing something
wrong. If you could help me to find out the answer for these questions by
giving any feedback, it would be highly appreciated.
     Here is my need and what I am thinking in using Cassandra for:

   - I need to support a high volume of writes per second. I might have a
   billion writes per hour
   - I need to write non-structured data that will be processed later by
   hadoop processes to generate structured data from it. Later, I index the
   structured data using SOLR or SOLANDRA, so the data can be consulted by my
   end user application. Is Cassandra recommended for that, or should I be
   thinking in writting directly to HDFS files, for instance? What's the main
   advantage I get from storing data in a nosql service like Cassandra, when
   compared to storing files into HDFS?
   - Usually I will write json data associated to an ID and my hadoop
   processes will process this data to write data to a database. I have two
   doubts here:
      - If I don't need to perform complicated queries in Cassandra, should
      I store the json-like data just as a column value? I am afraid of doing
      something wrong here, as I would need just to store the json
file and some
      more 5 or 6 fields to query the files later.
      - Does it make sense to you to use hadoop to process data from
      Cassandra and store the results in a database, like HBase? Once I have
      structured data, is there any reason I should use Cassandra instead of
      HBase?

     I am sorry if the questions are too dummy, I have been watching a lot
of videos and reading a lot of documentation about Cassandra, but honestly,
more I read more I have questions.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--