2012/9/20 aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>

> Actually, if I use community edition for now, I wouldn't be able to use
> hadoop against data stored in CFS?
>
> AFAIK DSC is a packaged deployment of Apache Cassandra. You should be ale
> to use Hadoop against it, in the same way you can use hadoop against Apache
> Cassandra.
>
> You "can do" anything with computers if you have enough time and patience.
> DSE reduces the amount of time and patience needed to run Hadoop over
> Cassandra. Specifically it helps by providing a HDFS and Hive Meta Store
> that run on Cassandra. This reduces the number of moving parts you need to
> provision.

Can I use BRISK with Apache Cassandra, without changing Brisk or
Cassandra's code? To the best of my knowledge, DSE uses Brisk, so I am
afraid of writting hadoop process now and have to change them when I hire
DSE support.

I am not an expert in the Apache 2.0 license, but in my understanding Data
Stax modified Apache Cassandra and included modifications to it in the
version they sell. At the same time I am interested in hiring their
support, I wanna keep compatibility with the open source version
distributed in the mainstream, just in case I want to stop hiring their
support at any time.

--
Marcelo Elias Del Valle
http://mvalle.com - @mvallebr