Sure, created CASSANDRA-4905. I understand that these tombstones will be
still streamed though. Thats fine with me.

Do you mind if I ask where you stand on making...
- ... ExpiringColumn not create any tombstones? Imo this could be safely
done if the columns TTL is >= gcgrace. That way it is ensured that repair
ran and any previous un-TTLed columns were overwritten.
- ... ExpiringColumn not add local timestamp to digest?

Cheers,
Christian