On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM, horschi <hors...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont know what your approach was back then, but maybe it could be solved
> quite easily: When creating tombstones for ExpiringColumns, we could use
> the ExpiringColumn.timestamp to set the DeletedColumn.localDeletionTime .
> So instead of using the deletiontime of the ExpiringColumn, we use the
> creationtime.

That's true, we could just create an already gcable tombstone. It's a bit
of an abuse of the localDeletionTime but why not. Honestly a good part of
the reason we haven't done anything yet is because we never really had
anything for which tombstones of expired columns where a big pain point.
Again, feel free to open a ticket (but what we should do is retrieve the
ttl from the localExpirationTime when creating the tombstone, not using the
creation time (partly because that creation time is a user provided
timestamp so we can't use it, and because we must still keep tombstones if
the ttl < gcGrace)).

--
Sylvain