On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Sergey Olefir <solf.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am load-testing counter increments at the rate of about 10k per second.

Do you need highly performant counters that count accurately, without
meaningful chance of over-count? If so, Cassandra's counters are
probably not ideal.

> We wanted to test what happens if one node goes down, so we brought one node
> down in DC1 (i.e. the node that was handling half of the incoming writes).
> This led to a complete explosion of logs on the remaining alive node in DC1.

I agree, this level of exception logging during replicateOnWrite
(which is called every time a counter is incremented) seems like a
bug. I would file a bug at the Apache JIRA.

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli
AIM&GTALK - rc...@palominodb.com