CQL can't work correctly if 2 (CQL) columns have the same name. Now, to
allow upgrade from thrift, CQL does use some default names like "key" for
the Row key when there isn't anything else.

Honestly I think the easiest workaround here is probably to disambiguate
things manually. Typically, you could update the column family definition
to set the key_alias (in CfDef) to some name that make sense for you. This
will end up being the name of the Row key for CQL. You may also try issue a
RENAME from CQL to rename the row key, which "should" work. Typically
something like "ALTER KunderaExamples RENAME key TO rowKey".

--
Sylvain