Thanks for your replies!
It is really a shame that is the way I would have to go. I am a contributor
for the Apache Gora[1] project and we were trying to support different
clients within our project but with those news, things really get
complicated :-/ maybe we will go with Intravert or DataStax clients . . .
while C* clients' war continues ):

Renato M.

[1] http://gora.apache.org/