@David:
Like all other start-ups, we too cannot start with all dedicated servers
for Cassandra. So right now we have no better choice except for using a VPS
:), but we can definitely choose one from amongst a suitable set of VPS
configurations. As of now since we are starting out, could we initiate our
cluster with 2 nodes(RF=2), (KVM, 2GB ram, 2 cores, 30GB SDD) . Right now
we wont we having a very heavy load on Cassandra until a next few months
till we grow our user base. So, this choice is mainly based on the pricing
vs configuration as well as digital ocean's good reputation in the
community.