Thanks Audrey for your reply.

Is anyone using Cassandra 1.2.* (1.2.5 in particular) in production? If
yes, what is the Priam version that you use?

I read at https://github.com/Netflix/Priam/wiki/Compatibility
that priam vnodes is a Work In Progress and vnodes is a major feature of
cassandra 1.2*.

If not Priam, what is the backup solution you use with cassandra 1.2*? What
strategies do you use for snapshots etc.?

Thanks,
Suruchi