From: Robert Coli [mailto:rc...@eventbrite.com]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 10:35 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra 1.2.4 - Unflushed data lost on restart

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Thapar, Vishal (HP Networking) <vtha...@hp.com>
wrote:
I am running Cassandra 1.2.4 in standalone mode and see a data loss when I
stop/start Cassandra [kill the task].

Clean shutdown waits for commitlog flush. Unclean shutdown does not. In default
periodic mode, this could mean up to 10 seconds of loss. If you don't want to
lose up to 10 seconds, use batch commitlog mode or... just shut down cleanly?

There are also cases in your vintage Cassandra where data in secondary indexes
has not been available, in case you are querying on those.

=RobĀ