On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Christopher Wirt <chris.w...@struq.com>wrote:

> Moving back to 1.2.10. What is the procedure roll back from 2.0.1?****
>
> ** **
>
> Changes in the system schema seem to make this quite difficult. ****

First, unfortunately downgrade is not, in my understanding, a supported
operation.

In my efforts I’ve now completely taken DC3 offline and already tried:

Are you seeing the new schema on the 1.2.10 nodes?

If the schema has been modified globally via gossip, I don't understand how
your 1.2.10 nodes are currently working. It seems like there may be a risk
of them not working if you restart them?

If the schema changes have been seen globally, the safest solution is to
dump, drop, and re-create your schema. This is likely to require a downtime
across all DCs. You could probably do this semi-online by doing the
(theoretical) clone-a-keyspace-with-hard-links operation, but that would
require application changes/synchronization etc...

=Rob