Hi Vivek,

What I'm looking for are a couple of things as I'm gaining an understanding
of Cassandra. With wide rows and time series data, how do you (or can you)
handle this data in an ORM manner? Now I understand that with CQL3, doing a
"select * from time_series_data" will return the data as multiple rows. So
does handling this data equal the way you would deal with any mapping of
objects to results in a relational manner? Would you still use a JPA
approach or is there a Cassandra/CQL3-specific way of interacting with the
database?

I expect to use a compound key for partitioning/clustering. For example I'm
planning on creating a table as follows:
              CREATE TABLE sensor_data (
                            sensor_id               text,
                            date                       text,
                            data_time_stamp    timestamp,
                            reading                  int,
                            PRIMARY KEY ( (sensor_id, date),
data_time_stamp) );
The 'date' field will be day-specific so that for each day there will be a
new row created.

So will I be able to define a POJO, SensorData, with the fields show above
and basically process each 'row' returned by CQL as another SensorData
object?

Thanks.

Les