Hi,

I’m using Cassandra in an environment where many users can login to use an
application I’m developing. I’m curious if anyone has any advice or links to
documentation / blogs where it discusses common implementations or best
practices for user and password authentication. My cursory search online didn’t
bring much up on the subject. I suppose the information needn’t even be
specific to Cassandra.

I imagine a few basic steps will be as follows:

user types in username (e.g. email address) and password
this is verified against a table storing username and passwords (encrypted in
some way)
a token is return to the app / web browser to allow further transactions using
secure token (e.g. cookie)

Obviously I’m only scratching the surface and it’s the detail and best
practices of implementing this user / password authentication that I’m curious
about.

Thank you,
Ben