It's possible the time attributed to GC is actually spent somewhere else; a
multitude of tasks may occur during the same safepoint as a GC. We've seen
some batch revoke of biased locks take a long time, for instance; *if* this
is happening in your case, and we can track down which objects, I would
consider it a bug and we may be able to fix it.

-XX:+PrintSafepointStatistics -XX:PrintSafepointStatisticsCount=1